Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Pearl: I just switched computers. I simply need to retrieve…

Customer Question
Hi, Pearl: I...

Hi, Pearl: I just switched computers. I simply need to retrieve my password ***** my existing 20-year account. I bought an Echo and I want to install it.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I don't think I've ever changed it. I NEED to retrieve it and I've simply forgotten it. Fastest way to do that, please.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

What do I go to to get Apple's online account reset tool?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Is there a cost to this? They want an account number. I am uncomfortable giving that info out.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
1/8/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

Echo is an amazon product. Are you trying to gain access to your Apple ID to make a purchase in the App Store?