Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just purchased a new phone and need to access my old apple…

Customer Question
I just purchased a...

I just purchased a new phone and need to access my old apple account so that my songs transfer over. I have a new apple account but cannot access my old one.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

It’s been about two years. I bought a lot of songs with my other account that didn’t transfer to my new phone.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I tried getting into my old account but couldn’t even get through the security questions. I gave up then and formed a new one. I really don’t want to have to purchase all those songs again. There’s a lot of them

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

My old email address was***@******.***

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
1/8/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Ruben G., Mac Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Ruben G.
Ruben G., Mac Support Specialist

Hi there Marci,

Apple does not allow content to be transferred from one account to another. It’s not a feature that they currently offer, though it’s something many Apple fans are hopeful for in the future.

To access your old music library, you'll need to login with your***@******.*** Apple ID in Settings > iTunes & App Stores on your phone.

Hope that answers your question.

--

Regards,

Ruben G.