Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

On mi imac 21 inch 2 years old I tried to upgrade to High…

Customer Question
On mi imac 21...

On mi imac 21 inch 2 years old I tried to upgrade to High Sierra and got some writing on a black screen then the normal loading apple stuff then a no entry sign.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a PRAM reset on your iMac (rebooting and holding down Command, Option, P, and R)? Or rebooting in Recovery Mode (holding down Command and R)?

I tried that and the bong comes up, then the aplle, then a lot of small white writing on the top leve. Then it just rotates through this cycle

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, the imac was working fine before this

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/8/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 6 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

The next step here is a reinstall. Are you familiar with this process?

Sort of. I did rye Disc Utility check and got the green light but when I restart the Apple comes up with the progress bar the bar runs slowly to the end and hen stays there nothing happens
here is no point trying to access the computer as it cannot open up

That is an automated message. Sorry for the inconvenience. if you would like after the guide fixes your issue we can do remote service to verify everything is ok on your computer, not pressure of course, just want to make sure I am meeting you at your need.

Typically this is due to some bit of system corruption. The reinstall is definitely where we will want to head next. Follow this guide to help you reinstall your operating system.

Reinstall Instructions

1. Turn on or restart your Mac, then immediately hold Command (⌘)-R

2. Release the keys when you see the Apple logo or a spinning globe.

3. When you see the macOS Utilities window, click Reinstall macOS.

When you are ready please take a moment to rate my service with the stars located on the top right of the question page. Can't rate me with the stars, just let me know and I will help you.