Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Purchased the apple iphone 8 Plus on December 5 2017 from…

Customer Question
Purchased the apple iphone...

Purchased the apple iphone 8 Plus on December 5 2017 from apple store in Kendall Miami. Start using it about 2 weeks later everything was fine until the battery got low. I tried recharging and the phone didnot recharge all i got was a black screen. I went on the site to troubleshoot the problem I did what was instructed and still didnt work. I as so frustrating for me because I live in the caribbean and I couldnt take a plane to go to Miami just to return the phone. I took the phone to the only apple store on the island and was told that they cannot provide me support because they only service the Latin American /Caribbean region. I may be going back to the US in about a month and I am planning to take the phone back to the apple store that i purchased in the first place. I Sent them an email about a week ago the store directly and noone has responded to my query or address my concerns.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot on your iPhone (pressing and holding the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons for 10 seconds)?

Yes I have done that and it still didnt work

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I live in the Cayman Islands and the phone was purchased at the apple store in Dadeland Mall Florida

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
1/7/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 month ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I only used the phone for 2 weeks. I am unable to use the phone due to the problem the battery is not charging and I did what was instructed to do on the Apple support website

Hi

Would it be OK for me to connect and run some tests?

Thanks

Kris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Connect where? The phone is dead

Would it be OK to connect in and have a look at the computer so I can interface to the devices.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am not having issues with my computer my phone that I just purchase for almost $1000 dollars is the issue you know what forget it I will have to take this back to the Apple store when I travel again.
Thanks

Are you sure?

I can assist you If required.

Mike, Mac Medic