Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My wife’s iPhone had to have a factory reset and now she…

Customer Question
My wife’s iPhone had...

My wife’s iPhone had to have a factory reset and now she can’t remember her apple password

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Only when she purchased her 6+, several yrs ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No, she’s tried several times and thinks she’ll get locked out

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Activation session expired

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
1/7/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Cris, Mac Specialist replied 7 months ago
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

Please do not accept any request for remote support they are automated through the website and I cannot remote into any iPad.

That means "Find My iPhone" had been turned on which brings up the phone with Activation Lock. Unfortunately, you will need access the the email the Apple ID is registered to so you can reset the password.

That is the "ONLY" viable solution no way around. Apple implemented this few years back to prevent theft. Someone steals a phone and would reset it. Now if you reset the phone and have Find My iPhone you cannot activate it unless you have the Apple ID and password ***** was registered with it.