Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My Ipad has an activation lock. Can you help me to unlock…

Customer Question
My Ipad has an...

My Ipad has an activation lock. Can you help me to unlock it?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I think about a few months.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No, could you help me with that?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Thats it thank you.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/7/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Cris, Mac Specialist replied 6 months ago
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

Please do not accept any request for remote support they are automated through the website and I cannot remote into any iPad.

That means "Find My iPad" had been turned on which brings up the iPad with Activation Lock. Unfortunately, you will need access the the email the Apple ID is registered to so you can reset the password.

That is the "ONLY" viable solution no way around. Apple implemented this few years back to prevent theft. Someone steals a phone and would reset it. Now if you reset the phone and have Find My iPhone you cannot activate it unless you have the Apple ID and password ***** was registered with it.

The only other option is to fill out a form and submit to Apple however you "must" have a copy of the receipt to do so. It will take weeks but they will then remove the device from the account.

Do you have a copy of the receipt?