Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

IPad Activation Lock, Password was changed at least one year…

Customer Question
IPad Activation Lock, Technician's...

IPad Activation Lock,

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Password ***** changed at least one year ago.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No, how do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, when I log on to Apple I am able to use my user id and password. It seems that the person that set my account up, didn't use the correct User ID.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
1/7/2018
Mac Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Please give me just a moment to review your question.

Just to clarify, are you saying that you are not able to log on to your Apple account? How are you trying to access it? On an iPhone, a MAC, or an iPad, or something else?

Not able to log in to IPad, but able to log on to other apps requiring apple I'd and password
What is the reason for not being able to connect to secure remote?

Thank you for that information. I do not have the capability to connect remotely to a phone, iPad or tablet. I can only connect to a computer. However, I am sure that I can walk you through a solution. Please tap on SETTINGS>ITUNES & APP STORE and check to see if the email address that is displayed is the same as the email address that you are using for your other devices. Please let em know what you find.

It does not appear that you are online right now. I will be unavailable for the next day or two so I am opting out of the question. Another expert help you when you are available again. The next expert will see our entire conversation, so there will be no need to repeat anything. You will be notified by email when another expert has begun working on your question. Thank you for your patience.

Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. I see the previous expert has opened the question up to the rest of the experts. Are you still in need of assistance?