Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

This is my 3rd attempt to resolve a problem I have. My apple…

Customer Question
This is my 3rd...

This is my 3rd attempt to resolve a problem I have. My apple Id and password ***** originally set up by my grandson. Y50ity @ aol.com. My credit card is on the account.The password ***** to have been recently changed an I cannot access my apple account. I have not been in contact with my grandson in 3 yers. It says my account is locked. To unlock the acct apple is requesting that the reset be sent to the y 50ity acct which I cannot access or to answer questions which I did not set up.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I have called twice and was told I would receive a password ***** via my e-mail***@******.***. The last time Icalled was yesterday. I was supposed to receive an e-mail this morning again and have not

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I don't knowI have not changed my password ***** think m grandson has

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No I do not have access to the y50ity e-mail to receive the pin reset This is my grandson's acount

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
1/7/2018
Mac Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 month ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. For security reasons reset instructions can be sent ONLY to the email that is on file for the account. I'm not sure who told you that they would send the instructions to your email address, but I'm afraid that they must have been mistaken.

Fortunately, I do have a solution to this problem for you. Because your credit card account is tied to the account, you should be able to verify your identity by calling 1-***-***-**** to speak to someone with the authority to reset your passcode for you AND change the email address on the account. You'll be asked to provide personal info (including full name on account, billing address, and billing info). After verifying your identity they will issue a new passcode. Please be sure that they also CHANGE THE EMAIL ADDRESS ON THE ACCOUNT so you won't have so much trouble in the future, if you should need to change the passcode.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If you have any problems with any of the steps or need clarification, just let me know. If for any reason this doesn't work for you, please tell me so I can provide additional help. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have this exact thing twice but I will try again

Did you call 1-***-***-**** to speak with an Apple representative who has the authority to make these changes?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will do that noe
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have called the number , am on hold

Thank you. Please keep me posted.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i was told I would need to close my account and loose my contacts etc
I was also told apple does not charge for tech support and that this was not an apple support site
which I thought it wa

I don't understand why you would need to close your account and lose your contacts. If the contact information (name, address, phone number, birthday) and billing information belong to you they should have been able to help. am opting out of the question in the hopes that another expert may be able to help you. The next expert will see our entire conversation, so there will be no need to repeat anything. You will be notified by email when another expert has begun working on your question. Thank you for your patience.

Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 1 month ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am sorry you are having trouble. I see that GeekGal has opted out of this question. Are you still in need of assistance?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I called apple support again and they sent me a link to my personal e-mail. this time I received it and was able to change my apple ID. Alison had said hat this was not possible , I was misinformed but it was possible
My Poor rating is for Alison

I am glad you found resolution.

Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius