Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Well I have an ipad 2 that I don't use very often and I have…

Customer Question
Well I have an...

Well I have an ipad 2 that I don't use very often and I have gotten the Apple ID and PW messed up.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Earlier about 20 minutes because I needed an activation lock

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No have not

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank. It was working fine earlier and then when I went to upgrade apps it went to the activation screen

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/7/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 6 months ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Is it showing a part of an email address at the Activation Lock screen? If yes, what is it?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

m*****@u*****.com

Thank you. Do you recognize that email address? If yes, what is it?

Do you also have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?

Windows 10 on computer. Not sure on ipad

What's that full email address?

Do you recognize an email address starting with the letter M and contains @U? Maybe it's an old email address of yours?

but I had changed that when I left that company and do not know what it would be
It was changed since then 2 years ago

Do you remember the spelling of your old email address ?

I think

I could not find that email. Is there another spelling you could think of?

Perfect. What you need me to do

I mean, that email address is incorrect. Is there another spelling of your old email address that you could think of?

No. That's all i can think of. Are we contacting remotely?
That old email was changed to the one I've told you and should not have been listed since I just went through my email before it went to the updates and activation lock.

I'm sorry. I'm not sure about this issue, but let me open it to other expert. Please do not wait; you will get an email when there is a response from another expert. Thank you.

Okay