Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My cell phone I s disabled I could not remember my password…

Customer Question
My cell phone I...

My cell phone I s disabled I could not remember my password ***** a recent up grade and going to fingerprint security I either did not create a new password ***** numbers or forgot it and after multible attempts it is now disabled

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I'm not sure

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Don't know what that is or where to find it

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes the phone worked for several days after I did the upgrade then just wouldn t allow sign in by finger print which is all I had been doing

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/7/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Vinod Menon, Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Hi
Sorry to hear about your issue:(
What iPhone is it? iPhone 6/7/8/X etc
Thank you
Vinod
I[phone6
Thank you for the info.
Unfortunately the only way out is to restore the iPhone to factory settings. This will delete contents from the iPhone unless you have a backup either in iCloud or in iTunes.
Open iTunes in the computer and connect the iPhone to the computer.
Now, on the iPhone, press and hold the power button and home button together for 30 sec.
Your computer should now give a message that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode and needs to be restored.
Restore the iPhone now.
Let me know if you find any difficulty.
my phone keeps signaling I have a text but all I can see is the message disabled try I tunes which I don
You will not be able to use the phone unless you restore it.
Please try the method I explained below.
Restore the iPhone now.
Let me know if you find any difficulty.
I don't have a back up is there any way to save pictures?
is there any way to save pictures?
Unfortunately, no :(
please cancel this we will go to apple store to try to save pictures
But if you have ever synced your iPhone with your computer, after restore, you will have an option to “restore from iTunes backup”. If that is the case, you may be able to get the pictures back
I don't have the pictures saved to I tunes
How about iCloud? Have you saved your pictures there?