Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Got a iPad for Xmas, the iPad will not allow anything to be…

Customer Question
Got a iPad for...

Got a iPad for Xmas, the iPad will not allow anything to be done. On screen iPad says, that iPad is disabled, connect to iTunes. Cannot do anything, will not open

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your iTunes?

3 or 4 days ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

I think so

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

My wife tried to give her password ***** she said it shut down

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
iPad will only shut down, sound will turn up or down.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/7/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 6 months ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try:

1. Open the iTunes program on a Windows or Mac computer. If needed, download and install the iTunes software at the Apple website below on the computer first:
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
  2. Connect the iPad to your computer with the iPad's USB cable.
  3. On the iPad, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  4. After 10 or 11 seconds, release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  5. Click Restore and confirm / continue.
    ; Note: You can click on the small down arrow icon (or small circle icon) at the upper right corner in the iTunes program in order to see the download progress.

; Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times.

- If needed, please watch video instructions at the website below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6FSHAp6fvk
- Do you also have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Sorry don't have a computer

I'm sorry. In order to fix the disabled iPad issue, you need a Windows or Mac computer. Can you try my solution with someone else's computer?

Time here is 12:00 am, will try later on friends computer, thank you

You're welcome. I've emailed you, so you can get back to me anytime. We can schedule another time as needed. Thank you.