Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I lost my phone last night and I cant get into find my I…

Customer Question
Hi I lost my...

Hi I lost my phone last night and I cant get into find my I phone I was wondering If I can get my password ***** my aapple ID. I have tried resetting it but I have exhausted all options

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I cant remember ever changing it. Thats why I am so confused

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I have tried every option for resetting my password. I can verify my acount through email but that is the only thing I have access to.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/6/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert replied 6 months ago
Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer question.
When you try to log in to your Apple ID account, does it accept the new password, and log in?

No it does not

Then your password ***** is not working properly, or not being done properly. Can you re-do your password, here:

with your Apple ID, you go to this page and follow its process, to recover your Apple ID's password:

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

and enter your Apple ID there, and then click on 'Continue' with the process, to the end.

That was the first thing I tried like I said it does not work

I presume you tried calling your iPhone #, and listening for its ringing? just in case it's somewhere about the house... a slim chance but worth trying once.

Sir, we’ve tried everything. I don’t know how else to say it. It was on and ringing when we first started this conversation but by now we’ve wasted so much time on useless solutions that it’s probably dead and “find my iPhone” won’t work.

I'm sorry to hear that. In case another Expert has more to offer than I have, I have Opted Out, opening the case to other Experts in this category.

Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 6 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hello:

Happy New Year!

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

Please note: Due to the Holidays, it could take a little bit longer for a response but I will respond back as soon as possible!

What exactly didn't work with resetting the password?

Don’t have access to the email that I would have to use reset the password.
We got into find my iPhone and it wasn’t appearing online

It should show the last known location