Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I got the phone from my son who's in army in Germany, and he

I got the phone from...
I got the phone from my son who's in army in Germany, and he forgot the password ***** the Apple phone
JA: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?
Customer: In 3/months
JA: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?
Customer: No as I told the phone is for my son
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not for now
Customer reply replied 15 days ago
Why is taking time?
1/6/2018
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

Please ignore request for remote or phone support they are automated through the website and not sent by me.

What password ***** you know not have? Is it the Passcode to get into the phone?

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
I can't active it

Confused to what you are trying to do?

Is the phone not activating or you can't get into the phone because you do not have the 4-6 passcode.

Please ignore request for remote support I cannot remote into your iPhone.

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
I can't active the phone because I don't have the password

Please be specific when, your setting up an iPhone it requires for you to activate it through Apple. Is that what you are having issues with.

Or you don't have the 4-6 numerical passcode to log into the phone. Please be specific as I am unsure what your issue is.

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
I don't have the password ***** activate the phone
Customer reply replied 15 days ago
Do you still there?

That means "Find My iPhone" had been turned on which brings up the phone with Activation Lock. Unfortunately, you will need access the the email the Apple ID is registered to so you can reset the password.

That is the "ONLY" viable solution no way around. Apple implemented this few years back to prevent theft. Someone steals a phone and would reset it. Now if you reset the phone and have Find My iPhone you cannot activate it unless you have the Apple ID and password ***** was registered with it.

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
Okay I'll wait for my son to come back home. Thank you for your help

Your very welcome, sorry I could not find you the solution you were looking for. However, now you have the correct information and know what is required.

Please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top so I am credited for assisting you. Thank you, Cris.

Thank you.

Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist
Cris
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist