Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I start it and the screen comes up with horizontal lines. It…

Customer Question
I start it and...

I start it and the screen comes up with horizontal lines. It looks fuzzy. I put in my password ***** it goes to a blue screen and then shuts down.

Technician's Assistant: When was the last time you updated the Operating System (OS) on your Apple device?

It has probably been three or four months

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

The fan has been running quite a bit the past two or three days.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 day by:
1/8/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 6 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

Depending on this computer it is likely the graphics card is bad. As soon as the graphics gets to heavy it crashes. With that in mind what is the serial number of the device?

Serial Number C02H50D3DV7P

In this case the Logic Board is bad. This can been a costly repair for a computer of its age. Do you want to look into repair options or would you like help finding something new?