Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

The only thing I can get on my screen is the apple and then…

Customer Question
The only thing I...

The only thing I can get on my screen is the apple and then it goes dark and the flashes the apple again can't get anything else

Technician's Assistant: When was the last time you updated the Operating System (OS) on your Apple device?

I was trying that during the nite when the screen went dark

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/6/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Vinod Menon, Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist

Hi

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

How long have you been facing this issue?

Thank you

Vinod

About 8hours

What device is it please? iphone 6/7/8/X etc or ipad?

Ipad

Thank you.

Let's try a reset first. Press and hold the power button and home button together for 10-15 sec. The ipad should go off and come back on with an apple logo.

Let me know if that resolves your issue.

I've already done that multiple times and the apple logo comes on and then nothing else will happen

Do you have a computer with itunes installed?

Let's try a restore.

Open itunes in the computer and connect the ipad to the computer.

Now, on the ipad, press and hold the power button and home button together for 30 sec (keep holding the buttons even after getting an apple logo).

Let me know if itunes gives a message that it has detected an ipad in recovery mode.

I don't have a comuter
I don't have a computer

So where do you have itunes installed?

On my ipad

Unfortunately, we need a computer to try a restore.

How old is your ipad?

3 or 4 years

Can we connect the ipad to a wall charger, wait for 10 minutes and then try the reset by holding down the power button and home button together until you see an apple logo?

Already did that

I am afraid we need to try the restore, but it needs a computer. Do you have any apple store nearby?

No

Is there a way you can get access to a computer?

No thanks for your help

Sorry, the solutions are limited if the device doesn't go to the home page :(

You may call apple care as well 1-800-2752273.