Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My ipad is only 2 1/2 years old and will not charge. 11. Two…

Customer Question
My ipad is only...

My ipad is only 2 1/2 years old and will not charge.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

11

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

Two updates ago it wouldn't hold a charge very long. then with the last update it died and wouldn't charge or turn on.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No that it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/6/2018
Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 6 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

It sounds like your battery may need to be replaced.

First, I would recommend updating your iPad to the current operating system to see if that helps to solve the issue. Updating the operating system will also update the drivers that interface with the battery which may result in longer battery life.

Next, do the following to see which apps are using the most power:

Launch Settings from your Home screen.

Select Battery.

Wait a moment for Battery Usage to populate.

Select the Show Detailed Usage button to get a breakdown of foreground and background power usage.

Then for those apps that use a lot of battery, disable their background operation if you do not use them (highly recommended) and then test to see if your battery lasts longer. Note that I did this with an iPhone 5s that I had to plug in multiple times a day, and now I charge it once every two days.

Please let me know if you have further questions or need additional assistance.

Do you still need assistance?