Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have down loaded the new sierra and it offered me a 2 tier…

Customer Question
I have down loaded...

I have down loaded the new sierra and it offered me a 2 tier verification - asked for a mobile number and then sent me a 5 digit number. I typed in the number and it would not accept it. I went through the process a second time and received another number. That too it failed to accept.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Macair - not sure what OS. Where do I find that?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

It has only happened today since I downloaded the new Sierra

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I see it is called 2 factor authentication. When attempting that process it fails to accept the number sent via text to my phone.
Answered in 2 days by:
1/8/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 6 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com! I am Justin. I am sorry for the length of time you have been waiting. With that in mind are you still in need of assistance?

It has taken about 48 hours - also I see my credit card has recorded a $25 charge for nothing given in return despite the 7 day free trial! All I wanted to know was what to do when trying to process the two tier authentication process offered by Apple - I followed the Apple sequence, supplied my mobile number, received a number, entered it but my machine rejected it. I followed the process twice and twice red writing told me it was the wrong number. If it was the wrong number why did Apple supply it. If it was the correct number why did the programme not recognise it. On the third try it told me I had already had three tries and it advised me not to do it again.
I have not tried it since Saturday and have no help from Justanswer
I went to remote assistance open Saturday and got no help. I am not prepared to pay any more money for nothing. In fact, I would like a refund of the $25 taken from me then.

I will submit the refund now. I am unable to help once I submit the refund, ok?

Please submit the refund. I am totally dissatisfied with Justanswer. It has been no help at all

I am sorry for that, but in the end you will get your money back. I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.