Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Had message apple id locked owing to being hacked. when I…

Customer Question
Had message apple id...

Had message apple id locked owing to being hacked. when I put in the correct credit card details they wont be accepted and they are correct

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Quite a long time ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I dont think that is where i went

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No - do you request credit card details?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/6/2018
Mac Support Specialist: RussellA, Systems Engineer replied 6 months ago
RussellA
RussellA, Systems Engineer

If you or someone else enters your password, security questions, or other account information incorrectly too many times, your Apple ID automatically locks to protect your security and you can't sign in to any Apple services. You can unlock your Apple ID after you verify your identity.

If your Apple ID is locked for security reasons, you might see one of these alerts:

• “This Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons”
  • "You can't sign in because your account was disabled for security reasons"
  • "This Apple ID has been locked for security reasons"

When you see one of these alerts, you can go to iforgot.apple.com to unlock your account with your existing password ***** to reset your password. After multiple unsuccessful attempts to unlock your account, your Apple ID will remain locked and you can try again the next day.

If you use two-factor authentication, you need a trusted device or trusted phone number to unlock your Apple ID. And if you have a recovery key, you can use it to help you regain access to your account.

You will need to access https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid to reset your password.

I hope these steps help you in rectifying your issue. If you are satisfied please mark this as answered so I can get compensated for my time, or if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to open another query directly with me.