Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I phone. I phone 7 plus. 3 days numerous calls w tech

Customer Question
I phone 7 plus ...

I phone 7 plus

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

3 days numerous calls w tech support.. who keep "escalating"

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Sign in sign in says\ verification failed there was an error connecting to the apple ID server have tried.. with the support.. all of the typical fixes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
1/6/2018
Mac Support Specialist: RussellA, Systems Engineer replied 7 months ago
RussellA
RussellA, Systems Engineer

This could be caused by a number of scenarios. One of the most common things to check is whether you're actually connected to the internet (preferably WiFi)? I have seen many people not realise they weren't connected, especially after an iOS update.

In addition, two of the most common things to try are:

• Doing a full reboot of your iPhone (i.e. holding down the Power and Home buttons simulatenousy for about 10 secs until you see the Apple logo on a black screen)
  • Logging out and back in. (See steps below)

You don't actually clarify what version of iOS you're running, but here are some generic steps to take:

1. Go to Settings >iTunes & App Store
  2. Tap on your Apple ID at the very top
  3. Tap on Sign Out
  4. Now sign back in

I hope these steps help you in rectifying your issue. If you are satisfied please mark this as answered so I can get compensated for my time, or if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to open another query directly with me.