Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My Mac was in the process of updating and it went completely…

Customer Question
My Mac was in the...
My Mac was in the process of updating and it went completely black after restarting and rebooting. It ended up freezing. I restarted it and now I have a white screen with a circle with a line through it. I’ve tried all 3 steps on your answers and none of them are working. I don’t know the cause but I need to know the solution. Can you help me?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/6/2018
Mac Support Specialist: RussellA, Systems Engineer replied 6 months ago
RussellA
RussellA, Systems Engineer

You will need to restart your MAC in SAFE mode and remove unnecessary Kernel Extensions (kext files)

How to get to SAFE MODE

1. Restart the Macintosh. Press and hold the Shift key immediately after you hear the startup tone.
  2. Release the Shift key when the Apple logo appears. Safe Boot appears on the Mac OS X startup screen.

How to remove KEXT files

Browse to /Library/Extensions folder and delete any 3rd Party Extensions you don't recognize. It might ask you for your password ***** perform this task.

Once deleted, reboot the laptop

You should be back to normal!

I hope these steps help you in rectifying your issue. If you are satisfied please mark this as answered so I can get compensated for my time, or if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to open another query directly with me.