Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

It shows a circle with a diagonal line through it. OS x. It…

Customer Question
It shows a circle...

It shows a circle with a diagonal line through it

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

OS x

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

It froze after asking to encrypt the disk after upgrading. I tried hard shutoff then back on. I tried hard shutoff then commond/option/P/R and chose the hard drive. Then hard shutoff option key. Then hard shutoff shift key.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 2 days by:
1/8/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 6 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

Our next step is to do an reinstall. Are you familiar with the process?

I got it sorted out by remounting the disk and then making my way in through safe mode to reinitiate the encryption process, waited until it was finished, then unencrypted again because now I don't really trust the encryption software...

I feel that. I do not trust File Vault at all. More problems then it is worth.