Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I put my iPhone 6 plus to charge, now it says iPhone is

I put my...

I put my iPhone 6 plus to charge, now it says iPhone is disable connect to Iturnes

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

Sorry, what does that mean?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

It just happen a few hours ago, was not home, just got home connected my iPhone to computer

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Thats it, i do not know what to do, my iPhone does not work at all?

1/6/2018
RussellA
RussellA, Systems Engineer

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled

If you forgot your passcode, or if a message says that your device is disabled, follow these steps to remove your passcode.

If you enter the wrong passcode on an iOS device six times in a row, you'll be locked out and a message will say that your device is disabled. Learn what to do.

First, pick a way to erase your device

Unless you made a backup before you forgot your passcode, there isn't a way to save your device's data. You'll need to erase your device, which deletes all of your data and settings. Choose a way to erase your device so you can remove your passcode:

Erase your device with iTunes to remove your passcode

If you've synced your device with iTunes, you can restore your device. This will erase the device and its passcode.

1. Connect your device to the computer you synced with.
  2. Open iTunes. If asked for a passcode, try another computer you've synced with, or use recovery mode.
  3. Wait for iTunes to sync your device and make a backup. If it doesn't, learn what to do.
  4. After the sync and backup have finished, click Restore [your device].
  5. When you reach the Set Up screen while restoring your iOS device, tap Restore from iTunes backup.
  6. Select your device in iTunes. Look at the date and size of each backup and pick the most relevant one.

Erase your device with recovery mode to remove your passcode

If you've never synced with iTunes or set up Find My iPhone in iCloud, you'll need to use recovery mode to restore your device. This will erase the device and its passcode.

1. Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.
  2. While your device is connected, force restart it:
    • On an iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery-mode screen.
    • On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
    • On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
  3. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore.

iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
  4. Wait for the process to finish. Then you can set up and use your device.

More info on this page: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306

I hope these steps help you in rectifying your issue. If you are satisfied please mark this as answered so I can get compensated for my time, or if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to open another query directly with me.

RussellA
RussellA, Systems Engineer
Do you need my phone number or serial number

Were you able to go through the steps I posted above?

I tried all you said nothing worked, I never tried to enter a passcode, all I did was charge my iPhone, I will probably take my phone in to Apple store
my iPhone still has the same message: iPhone is disable connect to iTunes
How long?
what is going on with my iPhone?

Did this happen, right after an upgrade?

No, I did an upgrade about a month ago, i had just used my phone and i saw it was in the red, needed to be charge so I put it charge. when it was done i saw what it said so I turned it off a couple of times, thats it nothing else that I can think of.

Let's try these simple steps:

1) Connect the device to the computer with usb cord.

2) Power off the iPad

3) Hold "Power" and "On" button together until Apple logo appears

4) 3 seconds after Apple logo appears let go of ONLY the power button

5) Once iTunes connection picture appears, let go of home button.

Also, I will keep this ticket opened, so you can report back with your status.

Please follow those 5 steps, carefully, and let me know how you make out.

I did exactly what you said, only iTunes does not open up on my phone? I have the phone connected to the computer, i open Iturnes it shows only music?
I turned off my phone it turned back up? It is 2:00 am here, I'm going to bed can we continue in the morning?
do I have a ticket number or something if I do this again in the morning?

This will stay open until we close it. Let me know when you are able to continue working on this again.