Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I want to clear/erase my ipad and give to my sister. I want…

Customer Question
I want to clear/erase...

I want to clear/erase my ipad and give to my sister. I want it to in NO way retain for wifi my information. If I got to "reset" and erase and delete all media and data, will it effect my other ipad, iphone or ?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

LOL... have no idea.

Technician's Assistant: Did the application come with an uninstaller, either on the installation disc or in the application's folder on your Mac?

What?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't have a mac

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
1/5/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 7 months ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. When you go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings, then it will erase your Wi-Fi info. But here are the instructions for how to reset / erase everything on your iPad, i.e., make it brand-new:

1. Sign out of iCloud and/or the iTunes & App Store.
    • Tap Settings > [your name]. Scroll down and tap Sign Out. Enter your Apple ID password ***** tap Turn Off.
    • If it does not show that option, then tap Settings > iCloud > Sign Out. Tap Sign Out again, then tap Delete from My [device] and enter your Apple ID password. Then go to Settings > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID > Sign Out.
  2. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. If you turned on Find My iPhone, you might need to enter your Apple ID and password.
  3. If asked for your device passcode or Restrictions passcode, enter it. Then tap Erase [device].

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

How is it going? Do you still need help with this or with anything else?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.