Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Every time I go away on holiday, Microsoft shuts down my…

Customer Question
Every time I go...

Every time I go away on holiday, Microsoft shuts down my Outlook account. I enter the last four digits of my phone number and nothing seems to happen. I need to be connected for business. Could someone please call me at(###) ###-#### Thanks very much

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

It is my iPad.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Outlook?

I don't know

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No that's good.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 2 days by:
1/7/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Can you tell me the email address you are having this problem with?

Hi Byron,
Sorry for the late response but have been out running around the last few days. The email in question of mine is ;***@******.***
Many thanks,

Thank you. My screen says you're located in the Dominican Republic but your phone number

is a Canadian area code. Is that accurate?

Down here on a two week holiday. We took the grandkids to Florida in early December and the same thing happened. Followed Microsoft protocols to have 4 digit code sent to me to be able to reactivate, but no code has been sent.
Thanks Byron,

Thank you. Were you supposed to receive the code via text or phone call?

but they never sent it after repeated attempts.
I tried both optios

Are you getting text messages on your phone from other than Microsoft?

Microsoft uses location services so when you sign in to your account from a different location (especially a foreign country)

their security kicks in and challenges the user to prove who they are and that's why this is happening.

Do you have an international roaming plan as part of your cellular service when traveling?

I do.

You should have just got a text from me with my first name in it.

Did it come through.

I don't think so. My number is(###) ###-####
Thanks for your help Byron.

I think I know what the problem is. I sent the text to the correct number (you posted it above)

After hitting Send to send the message off, this appeared on my phone:

Free msg: Unable to send message. Message blocking is active.

How do I correct that on my phone?

I'm not sure. What's the brand and model?

I would get in touch with your carrier first though.

Have you restarted the phone since you got off the plane?

It's an iPhone 5. I will report it once I get back to the apartment. Thanks for the advice and I'll let you know what happens.

Certainly. Thank you.

Good morning, Mike. Were you able to contact your carrier?

On your phone, go to Settings>>>Messages and check that SMS is turned on.

I suspect it already is but it never hurts to check.