Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

IPhone 6 need a battery do i need an appointment at a local…

Customer Question
iPhone 6 need a...

iPhone 6 need a battery do i need an appointment at a local store? And, when the battery is changed, do i loose all information on the phone

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

11.2.1

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Several weeks. deleted some apps, music, messages. anything i found i dont need

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
1/5/2018
Mac Support Specialist: RussellA, Systems Engineer replied 7 months ago
RussellA
RussellA, Systems Engineer

To get a new battery, log on to Apple’s support site, and then select iPhone, then Battery, then Battery replacement. If you live near an Apple store or authorized repair shop such as Best Buy, select one and make an appointment. (Call ahead to third-party shops to make sure they’ll honor the $29 offer.)

Then be prepared to wait. Most of my local stores are booked for days. And just because you have an appointment doesn’t mean you’ll get your replacement right away. I went in to Apple’s San Francisco flagship five days after its announcement and my store Genius reported he was already out of stock of iPhone 6 batteries — and there were thousands of other customers ahead of me to get one. They’ll email me when there’s a battery in stock, at which point I have to go back to the store.

I hope these steps help you in rectifying your issue. If you are satisfied please mark this as answered so I can get compensated for my time, or if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to open another query directly with me.