Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Ipad is dissabled. need to connect but password forgotten.

Customer Question
Ipad is dissabled. need...

Ipad is dissabled. need to connect but password ***** Connected to pc and logged into to itunes

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Its been a while. This unit belongs to my friends young son and he changed the password ***** forgets what it is . I have his loggin info

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

When i log in it show a page requesting a code so im stuck

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Just connect so i can set a new password ***** the i pad

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/5/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

To change the passcode, we actually need to factory reset the iPad. Are you ready to begin?

Okay, to begin please power down the iPad. To do this, hold the lock button until you see a red slider. Slide the slider and let me know when it is off

This does not have s power button just a switch

What generation iPad do you have?

Never mind. This is not mine so i will suggest the owner bring it to the apple store.
By for now.

Okay, please let me know if you would like to continue.

The power button would either be on the top or on the right side. It is the button you press to lock the screen also

Its ok. Im gonna give it back to the owner and have her take to the store. I have no patience for this.
Thank you

Not a problem. Have a great day!