Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I need to reset my password, It's been a few months, No,

Customer Question
I need to reset...

I need to reset my password

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

It's been a few months

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

It's an ipad

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
1/5/2018
Mac Support Specialist: AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist

Hi! I'm Eric and I will be the expert assisting you today. I'll do all I can to provide you with excellent, 5-Star service. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to.
  • I will keep helping you until you're satisfied, please ask as many follow up questions as you need by replying below.

Good morning,

After you read my initial response to you above(please do!), reply and let me know if you mean:

1. You forgot the PIN and you cannot actually enter/use the iPad and you are locked out.
    or
  2. You can use the iPad, but cannot install or purchase anything because you forgot your Apple ID Password.
1&2

Ok, so both. Give me a moment while I provide you with the instructions for both. You will need to reset the Apple ID password ***** and then follow the second steps in order to restore the iPad back to new condition to bypass the forgotten PIN to unlock it.

Use my steps below to resolve both of those issues. If you have any follow up questions, please feel free to reply. Otherwise, please do not forget to rate my service to you at the top of the page, hopefully I have earned a 5-Star Rating :)

I hope you have a wonderful day,

Follow these steps to reset your Apple ID Password:

1. Click on this link and open it in a new browser window.
  2. Enter the email address you used for the Apple ID
  3. Choose to have an email sent to you
  4. Open your email and click the link, and then enter a new password ***** your Apple ID

Follow these steps to reset your iPad itself so you can start over new and get past the PIN:

You need to have iTunes installed on a computer to do this, so if you don't have it, click here to get it.

1. Open the iTunes program on the computer.
  2. Connect your iPad to your computer via the USB cable.
  3. While your device is connected, follow this step:
    ~ Press and hold both the Home and the Power buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
  4. When you see the option to 'Restore or Update' pop up in iTunes on your computer, choose Restore.
    iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
  5. Wait for the process to finish. Then you can setup and use your device.
It didn’t work

Which part did not work?