Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I got new I phone today and I want to transfer my data on…

Customer Question
I got new I...

I got new I phone today and I want to transfer my data on this phone

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

T mobile

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Two Year ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I want to back up but my all data is on 11.2.1

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
1/5/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 1 month ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What is the model of your old phone?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I phone 7plus

There are two methods to transfer everything from your old iPhone to new one. You only need to choose one that is convenient to you.

Before we start, on the old iPhone, go to Settings > your name > iCloud and turn off Find My iPhone option on it.

Now you have two options to transfer stuff from old iPhone to the new one.

Method 1 : Using PC with iTunes application

For this method, you need to have access to a PC

We can back up the old iPhone to your computer using iTunes and then restore that backup to your new iPhone.

Download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here --> http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

After downloading iTunes, make sure you install it by opening the downloaded file and following onscreen instructions. After installing iTunes, open iTunes. Then connect the old iPhone to your computer. iTunes will recognize it (If asked for setup as new iPhone or restore from backup, choose setup as new iPhone)

Then select your iPhone icon at the upper left, next to Musics, Movies etc icons.

This will bring the Summary screen of iPhone. Now, click Backup Now button and make sure "To This Computer" is selected there. This will backup the entire iPhone to your computer.

Then disconnect the old iPhone. Then connect the new iPhone to your computer and open iTunes. Select your iPhone at top left. Then this time click Restore Backup button and from the list of backups, select the backup of your old iPhone from the drop down menu. Click Restore.

This will restore everything from the old iPhone to the new one and everything on the new iPhone will be replaced with what is on old iPhone.

(Note : If you get an error when restoring the backup, then click Update button there. Let iTunes update your iPhone and after updating it, restore from backup again)

Method 2 : Using iCloud.

For this method, you don't need a computer but need a high speed internet connection. To do this, follow the steps below;

On your old iPhone, go to Settings > your name > iCloud and sign in to your iCloud account (ignore if already signed in). Then tap Backup there and do a backup. Once you did that, you have to restore that back up to your new iPhone. To do that, on the new iPhone, go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Erase All Contents and Settings. Remember, this process will completely wipe out the new iPhone (ignore this step if you have not set up the new iPhone yet)

Once it reset, it will bring the Setup screen. Follow the onscreen instructions and choose "Restore from iCloud" when asked. Then sign in to your iCloud account and sign in and it will show the backup point of old iPhone. Choose it and hit Restore.

This will restore everything from old iPhone to new iPhone

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Ashik, Mac Technician