Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Last month when downloading an Apple update the screen went…

Customer Question
Last month when downloading...

Last month when downloading an Apple update the screen went blank except for acircle with a line through it and then froze. I tried to restart which worked but returned to update and repeated the same performance

Technician's Assistant: When was the last time you updated the Operating System (OS) on your Mac or device?

About mid december

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/5/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 6 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You can reinstall your Mac OS. Reinstalling OS won't delete any of your files. It will just replace the corrupted system files with a new one and that should fix the problem unless it is hardware related.

Restart your Mac and immediately hold down Command and R keys at the same time for 15 seconds and this will boot your Mac to the Mac OS Utilities screen. From there, click Reinstall Mac OS. Then follow the instructions to reinstall your Mac OS.

If that didn't work, then restart your Mac and immediately hold down Command, Option and R keys at the same time for 15 seconds and this will boot your Mac to the installation screen. Follow the onscreen instructions to reinstall.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.