Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

How do I move photos from iPad to my pc. IPad Pro with

Customer Question
How do I move...

How do I move photos from iPad to my pc

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

IPad Pro with latest iOS. All up to date

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

11.2.0. Hooking lighting usb cable to pc

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Pc file manger “see’s” iPad but can’t go any deeper into iPad

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
1/5/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

There are a couple of ways to do it. Do you want it to happen automatically or do you want to do it manually when you are ready?

Not sure I understand the automatically. Like a “sync”? Each time I take a picture it would sync to the pc or sync when I connect to the pc? I’m for automatic because I can always manipulate the photos after they get on the pc?

Yes. iCloud library would store the photos in the cloud and allow you to automatically have your photos on your PC after you take them. Do you want to know about that?

please

On your iPad do this:

Turn on iCloud Photo Library

1. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 10.3 or later, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos, then turn on iCloud Photo Library. ...
  2. On your Mac with OS X 10.10.3 or later, go to System Preferences > iCloud.

Once you have that done the photos will begin syncing with the iCloud. To see them on your PC you can get to them from the web at iCloud.com in the photos tab. If you would like your photos to also download to your PC you can use this guide from Apple to download them using iCloud for Windows.