Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have been trying to get help on iTunes bill, but no luck.

Customer Question
Hello, I have been...

Hello, I have been trying to get help on iTunes bill, but no luck

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update iTunes?

I was billed $79 for a purchase I do not remember or do not know about

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your iTunes?

I went to get support.apple.gov, apple.itunes.com, I called a number where a person asked me to enter some numbers and when I asked was the numbers are about he dropped the phone

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I just want to know what the bill is all about, please. I did not buy anything

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
1/5/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

If you just received an email that claims you spent $79 on itunes and you know you did not then it is a scam and it is not from apple just trying to bait you into clicking a link in the email or calling a number to scam you further. There has been a lot of emails like this going around lately. If you do not see the money missing from your bank or credit cards you can just delete the email as it is a scam. Now if you do see the money missing from your bank account You need to go through the instructions on this page:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201382

Make sure you go through all 6 steps on the page I linked you which will resolve the issue. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

I did not receive an email, I was billed from my bank
No thank you, ***** ***** like this is crazy. Apple as it is I have to pay to get help and end up paying more than the amout I want?? This is poor customer care. Fraud.
Chris L., Support Specialist