Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Bought a used MacBook Pro 17 inch on eBay. It arrived today…

Customer Question
Bought a used MacBook...

Bought a used MacBook Pro 17 inch on eBay. It arrived today and operating system seemed normal. I tried to use super duper clone and after that I tried Backblaze hard drive to restore. Now I can’t get any startup disk only OS X Utilities window.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a PRAM reset on your MacBook Pro (rebooting and holding down Command, Option, P, and R)? Or rebooting in Recovery Mode (holding down Command and R)?

Trying it now.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Let me see if it works. Gray Apple is visible and it 40% loading so far.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/5/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

What OS were your trying to restore? The 17 inch a dinosaur. A big one at that.