Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I would like your help in pogramming my iMac desk top to…

Customer Question
I would like your...

I would like your help in pogramming my iMac desk top to automatically turn on with having to enter the password ***** time.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Last week

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I tried by calling in and the tech guided me step by step. We thought it was "fixed" but the problem has returned.

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the Mac Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

Email address:***@******.*** and let's do talk me through

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

That's all for today

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
1/4/2018
Mac Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. In order to provide the best most detailed instructions, I will need to know what version of the Mac operating system you have.

From the Apple menu, choose About This Mac, and tell me what you see there, please.

Mac OS High Sierra
version 10.13.2

THank you for that information. Please give me just a moment to type up instructions.

Still trying to help you out

Please click on your Apple menu icon then System Preferences and next, Security & Privacy. Make sure that you are on the General tab. Click the lock icon to make changes. Uncheck the box beside "Select “Require password. Please give this atry and let me know the results.

I see that you requested SECURE REMOTE ASSISTANCE I'd be happy to provide that but unfortunately the payment did not go through. That sometimes happens when your bank sees a second charge from the same company on the same day. They suspect a mistake or possible fraud.

This is a fairly simple procedure so you should be able to do it but if you do have any problems please let me know so I can provide additional assistance.

I can not obtain confirmation that automatic loading is locked in.

After following the instructions that I provided, Please click the LOCK icon once more to prevent any further changes. If the setting is unchecked and you lock it down so it can't be changed again without unlocking it you should have no further problems. I must warn you though, be sure to write down your password ***** don't forget it. You will need it any time that you want to make changes to the system, or install software.

Please shut down your computer, then reboot to test and make sure that the change was properly saved. Be sure let me know if you continue to have issues. I am committed to working with you until your problem is fully resolved. Thank you.

Ii appears that you are not online at this time. Unfortunately, I must log off for the evening soon. If you do need further assistance with this, please let me know and perhaps we can arrange a time tomorrow that I can connect remotely and walk you through the process. Thank you for your patience.