Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I received notification that my password has been changed.

Customer Question
I received notification that...

I received notification that my password ***** been changed. After receiving a notice that someone tried too many times to get in.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Several months ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
1/4/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 1 month ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please give me a minute to read over your submission...

It sounds like someone may have gained access to your Apple account. I recommend trying to reset the password ***** ASAP.

Your Apple ID is normally your email address. You should be able to reset your password ***** a computer using the site: http://iforgot.apple.com/

enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Email authentication followed by Next.

Check your email and there should be a message from Apple with instructions on how to reset your password.

If you can’t use your email address, another option you have available is to reset your password ***** answering the security questions you created when you setup your account.

enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Answer security questions and click Continue.

-Set the birthday you used for the account and clicking Continue.

- Answer the security questions you picked when you set the account up.

If you answer these successfully, you should be able to reset your password ***** access your AppleID again.

* IF YOU FORGOT THE APPLE ID ITSELF: If you go to the above mentioned site you will see an option in the lower, middle of the page labeled “Forgot your Apple ID?”. If you click this, it will ask for some rather simple information that you should know as the owner of the account ( first name, last name, current email address plus the ability to enter additional email addresses if it has changed since you created the Apple ID).

Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site:

https://appleid.apple.com/ (under "Manage Your Apple account")

While signed in, it's a good idea to verify that all other details are current and correct.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I paid money for that answer?

In order for this to work I will require communication from you. If you have trouble resetting your password ***** can help you but realistic expectations are required here. As the owner of the Apple account it is up to you to manage, secure, and regain access to it and I can only provide advice.

John T. F., Apple Consultant