Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am trying to add photos to the I- cloud. I select the

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to add photos to the I- cloud. I select the photos to move, ask to go to files and the “file listing” comes up and the window turns all white and the iPad locks up. I can read mine files on the iCloud but can not write to them.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

The latest one on a iPad Pro, which I have had about 4 months

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

I have had it factory reset at an apple store, it started about one week ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I have two iPad pros, the new one and an older one that is about 18 months old and they are both doing the same thong

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/5/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 6 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

With them doing something in synchronized fashion speaks to a bug you found or something with your iCloud account. It is likely a bug. Does this same action happen on any other device?

I have had the same problem in both the apple store and bestbuy, so it is not the internet connection
I have already paid for this help

Ignore that silly popup for remote service.

What did the Apple Genius who helped you say about the issue?

He just factory reset it, the iPad, and sent it home with me
The girl at bestbuy worked on it for about an hour and could not doing anything with it

I am so sorry. As a former Apple Genius that is not support at all. I want to get you the best help possible. If you have a phone please call ‭(866)(###) ###-####. This the number I called when I coudln't figure something out in the store. Now that I am no longer an employee when something weird like that happens I call that number. I even had issues sent to engineering for support from that number. Select option 1 for Tech Support. If they figure it out let me know too.

The apple guy said it was backed up so everything should be replaced with no problems, but the files on iPad are missing a lot of the photos. I can read and upload the photos from the cloud but can not load any more

Did you make that call?

Did you get the help you needed?

but it was not from you, so do I get the money back? Or did it cost $40 to get the apple phone number from you?

Sure. I am glad I was able to point you in the right direction. I will submit the refund now. Have a wonderful new year!

Thank you
For your information, we have to reset the iCloud on both iPads to make it work again. We reset it by turning iCloud off, power reset the iPad pad, then turning iCloud on again. It took some time to recover all the files but it seems to work now.