Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Need help with passwords and anything that was needed during…

Customer Question
Need help with passwords...

Need help with passwords and anything that was needed during the set up with phone as my company set up for me

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

About a year has gone by

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Did not want to try and have phone lock up

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I am able to unlock screen and that is it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/4/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

The unlock screen is a code that you would have set. Does your work set your phones up for you?

they do I am able to unlock screen by thumb print or my four digit code just need my I’d and password ***** know I should have changed and reset but hardly anyone does that unless forced to I have been receiving prompt to do so and haven’t and also a second part to security a two part password *****
did you recover my Apple ID and password ***** you have to access it through my phone

Slow down there. No one is accessing your phone without your expressed permission.

I still don't understand. You can unlock your phone, but you cannot use it?

Sorry not computer savvy thought it was an easy process

You can unlock your phone, but you cannot use it?

I need to reset password

To your Apple ID?

I thought they would make me sign in to change password ***** don’t want to throw phone away if it becomes locked

Are you concerned with an issue in the future or is there actually an issue now?

Future issues and the fact I have been prompted to use a security double authorization to protect phone

security double authorization? Two factor?