Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an older iPad Air and when it will s this urned I n…

Customer Question
I have an older...

I have an older iPad Air and when it will s this urned I n all that see is the charging plug sign, a red arrow and iTunes... have tried a hard reset... what now

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

I’m not sure

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

Started this morning. Tried hard reset 2 times and plugged into charger

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
1/4/2018
Mac Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Have you tried using a different charging cable and wall plug? I have run into this problem before when trying to use an iPhone charger to charge an iPad. The iPad charger uses a higher voltage to charge the iPad. The iPhone chargers may appear to be charging it but they won't charge it enough for it to turn on. Please advise.

Even if you are using the correct wall plug, it is likely that the cable may need to be replaced. These are very easy to break if bent or pulled. They may look fine on the outside but small connecting wires inside are easily damaged. Please make sure that you have the correct wall charger and if it still doesn't charge, try a new cable with your charger. If problems remain after that you may want to try a new iPad wall plug and charger at the same time. Does your iPad use the small lightning cable or the older type cable with the wider end? Once I know that I can provide links for an inexpensive replacement charger and cable. Also, keep in mind that if you take your Apple iPad to an Apple Store ( or possibly even Staples or Best Buy) they may be able to test a known good cable and charger to make sure that is the problem before you purchase a new charger. Please be aware that it can take at least 15 minutes for it to charge sufficently to turn on if it was completely dead.