Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Starting up is changing to erratic loadinglike enlarged

Customer Question
Starting up is changing...

Starting up is changing to erratic loadinglike enlarged pixelating

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac Mini

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?

Checked with my comcast provider, and reboted my router and my mini

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
1/4/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 4 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

What is the model of your computer?

Mini high sierra mid 2010
ok
What's up?

It sounds like a bad graphics card. Can you boot to recovery and see the same thing?

tell me what that means
Software or hardware...?
When I boot it gets well again

Hold down Command-R or one of the other macOS Recovery key combinations on your keyboard immediately after pressing the power button to turn on your Mac, or immediately after your Mac begins to restart. Continue holding until you see the Apple logo or a spinning globe.

Nothing

Nothing wrong or what. Please use more words to answer questions.

Why would you charge me when you don't answer my questions or you take hours to answer or say you are going to use remote and then don't.....I should charge you for wasting my time...!

You requested remote assistance that I have not accepted which is $39 that you selected on your own. As for the initial question value we take $5 and hold the remainder of the question value. If you are unsatisfied we have a satisfaction guarantee that states we will refund 100% of your money back to you.

With that being said I messaged your at 3:30pm yesterday and you messaged me back without and actual response to my question more than 12 hours later. Do you want to continue or do you want a refund?

So are you going to answer my question or are we going to continue this banter?

What is UR Question...?

You said nothing happened. I need more information. That is not helpful. When you restarted into recovery nothing happened. You were unable to get into recovery. Give me everything like I was in the room.

I Still have large squares that fill from the bottom of the page , from the top of the page, from the side of the page continually, when I use my mouse it starts all over again....When I restart it gets better(not right) but lesser of a problem. If I rebot the Router and the Mini, better still but nobody wants to start every day this way....?

If that happens in recovery mode if you are still seeing that then your graphics card has gone bad.

Banter, Banter, Banter, never mind.....I can't relate.....We have personality conflict...it's like I was asking for UR front door key....No stars from me.....U would flunk out of basic training......
Mike, Mac Medic