Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

ICal is not syncing between my laptop and my iPhone. Is

Customer Question
Good morning, Pearl....

Good morning, Pearl. iCal is not syncing between my laptop and my iPhone. Is there a setting I need to adjust? Thanks so much.

Technician's Assistant: What version of iTunes are you using to sync your iPhone?

Oops! Let me check.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reboot?

Just rebooted about 10 min. ago. iTunes is 12.7.2.58.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks. That's all for now.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
1/4/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

Are they all on the same account?

Please walk me through the steps. I'm fairly tech savvy and don't want secure connect.
Justin, are you still there?

Yes. I am still here. Sorry for the delay.

NO. I do not want to switch to a Secure Remote Assistance. If that is necessary, please refund my $5 and I'll stop at my local Apple store to get the answer.

What you will need to do is to sign in to iCloud.com and go to calendars. Make sure everything is there.

Ok. When you say "everything is there," what exactly do you mean? Because I'm trying to get info from my iPhone to iCal, and it isn't syncing. So the particular information in question won't be in iCal.

What is the email account connecting the two? They would sync through an email account.

I have 2 ~ comcast and iCloud. Don't know through which it connects.

What does it say in iCal on the computer?

Quick question, you do know this is a paid service and if you are happy with the help the cost is $40, right?

I do know that and I don't want to pay any further monies for this when I can get a free answer at the Apple store. I was just trying to avoid another stop at the store. So I think we should end this chat. Thank you for your time. Please refund my $5 and I wish you a very pleasant day.
Justin, have you left the chat?

I am still here.

I will submit the refund now.

Thank you so much. I'm signing out. Happy New Year.