Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My IPad is locked I tried ITunes nothing we are having a…

Customer Question
Good Day my IPad...

Good Day my IPad is locked I tried ITunes nothing we are having a blizzard right now would like my device working please.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I did it from my laptop yesterday on ITunes I saved my pa

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No not familiar with that option

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I do online school also and check other accounts.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/4/2018
Mac Support Specialist: AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist

Hi! I'm Eric and I will be the expert assisting you today. I'll do all I can to provide you with excellent, 5-Star service. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to.
  • I will keep helping you until you're satisfied, please ask as many follow up questions as you need by replying below.

Good morning,

After you read my initial response to you above(please do!), reply and let me know if you mean:

1. You forgot the PIN and you cannot actually enter/use the iPad and you are locked out
    or
  2. You can use the iPad, but cannot install or purchase anything because you forgot your Apple ID Password
I forgot my pin no access, can not use IPad at all.

Alright, give me just a moment to put together the steps you need to take.

WOW so their nothing I can do.

Yes! I am putting together your instructions now!

In cases where you have forgotten your PIN/Password, the only way back into the iPad is through an iTunes restore.

You need to have iTunes installed on a computer to do this, so if you don't have it, click here to get it.

1. Open the iTunes program on the computer.
  2. Connect your iPad to your computer via the USB cable.
  3. While your device is connected, follow this step:
    ~ Press and hold both the Home and the Power buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
  4. When you see the option to 'Restore or Update' pop up in iTunes on your computer, choose Restore.
    iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
  5. Wait for the process to finish. Then you can setup and use your device.

If you have any follow up questions, please feel free to reply. Otherwise, please do not forget to rate my service to you at the top of the page, hopefully I have earned a 5-Star Rating :)

I hope you have a wonderful day,