Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

The apple id and password I use on my iPhone and IMac will…

Customer Question
The apple id and...

The apple id and password ***** use on my iPhone and IMac will not work on my IPad all of a sudden. I can't get pass the activation lock on the IPad using the apple id and password ***** I use on my IPHONE and IMac. Please help I plugged my iPad into my IMac but I'm not that smart about all this stuff. Can you hlep

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

A month or so on my iPhone.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No i didn't know that was out there

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm kind of old and not too good at this. Just want my IPad to work thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
1/4/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 7 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please give me a minute to read over your submission...

First, let’s attempt resolving this issue with your Apple device by trying a hard reset, then proceed from there if that does not resolve the problem:

Disconnect the device from it's cord, if plugged in.

iPhone 7: press and hold the power button and the volume down button simultaneously for about 10 seconds, or until you see an Apple logo.

iPhone 6S and older, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold your Sleep/Wake button (on the top right) and Home button (on the front) simultaneously for about 10 seconds, or until you see an Apple logo.

When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.

Now try using your ID and password ***** get past the activation lock.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,