Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Icant get the imessage password window to go away. when i…

Customer Question
Icant get the imessage...

Icant get the imessage password ***** to go away. when i hit cancel it pops right back up

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Os x 10.9.5

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

Just the last day. ive tried to restart it.its asking me to put in a password ***** log in to an account that isnt mine

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

It pops up in the middle of the screen

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
1/4/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 7 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hello:

Happy New Year!

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

Please note: Due to the Holidays, it could take a little bit longer for a response but I will respond back as soon as possible!

iMessage window won't go away. i just slide it to the corner

Which device is this happening on?

macbook air

Do you have the issue if you restart the computer?

You said that it asks you to sign into an account that is not yours -- Did you buy the computer used?

no bought it new. its asking for a password ***** my wifes old email

Unfortunately, it was synced through that email at some point and you will need to enter her password.