Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I deleted my partition on my disk utility. Mac Book Pro 2015…

Customer Question
Hey, I deleted my...

Hey, I deleted my partition on my disk utility

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac Book Pro 2015 and I deleted the operating system I think now Ic an't use I have tryed to reinstall the Operating system but it comes up with an error

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Pro? What have you tried so far?

I deleted it today so for a couple hours

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
1/4/2018
Mac Support Specialist: RussellA, Systems Engineer replied 7 months ago
RussellA
RussellA, Systems Engineer

Use Recovery Mode

Every Mac operating system since Lion (OS X 10.7) has included Recovery Mode, a special boot partition that enables you to recover from catastrophic failures and problems. This can be used to install a fresh copy of Mavericks on your hard drive, provided you have Internet access. To use Recovery Mode, follow these instructions:

1. Shut down your Mac.
  2. Press the Power button (the button marked with a O with a 1 through it)
  3. Immediately press the command (cloverleaf) key and R together.
  4. Make sure you're connected to the internet through Wi-Fi. If you're not, choose a network from the Wi-Fi menu that appears at the top-right corner of the screen.
  5. Select Install Mac OS X, then click Continue.
  6. Wait.

Here is a link of the aforementioned instructions with snapshots

https://www.imore.com/how-install-fresh-copy-os-x-your-mac

If you are satisfied please mark this as answered, or if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to open another query directly with me.

You did an Internet Recovery, and downloaded the Install Image using WIFI?

Are you trying to install a fresh new copy? or restore from a backup?

So, which step are you stuck in now?

I’m sick
I’m stuck and I need to use it for homework I deleted the partition

Please follow my steps as I described, and you will be able to install a fresh new copy of the operating system.

What do I do if I put an new blank image on