Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an iPhone 7, it’s about a year old. The camera just…

Customer Question
I have an iPhone...

I have an iPhone 7, it’s about a year old. The camera just quit working. I don’t know what happened, I go to take a picture and the camera freezes and unfreezes and just weirds out.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot on your iPhone 7 (pressing and holding the On/Off button and the Volume Down key)?

I think so, but I will try right now.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Give me a minute to do the force reboot. No, that did not work.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/4/2018
Mac Support Specialist: AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist

Hi! I'm Eric and I will be the expert assisting you today. I'll do all I can to provide you with excellent, 5-Star service. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to.
  • I will keep helping you until you're satisfied, please ask as many follow up questions as you need by replying below.

This could either be a hardware issue, or software, and there is one way to find out. Can you open the camera app, and switch between front and rear cameras and tell me if it does the same thing on both?

Did you check and see as I asked in my previous reply?

I responded to this question but I don’t see my response here, so, I’ll try again. The camera takes a while to switch modes, but when it does switch to the front lens, it works.
Ok, that means there is 99% chance it's a hardware issue, and that would require Apple replacing the phone (or your phone carrier). However, there is a slight chance it could be software, the reason it's only a small chance is that if the software for the camera was messed up, it would affect both cameras.Now, your choice of you want, is to run a full restore of the phone. This will cause it to act as if it was brand new again, but anything you have linked to your iCloud/Apple account can be resynced to the phone after you sign back in again.If you want, I can provide you with the instructions to use iTunes to restore the phone, or you can skip that and call your carrier and ask for a replacement. Let me know if you want the instructions!My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Please don't forget to rate my service to you before you leave today, hopefully I have earned a 5 Star Rating!

-

If you have any follow up questions, please feel free to reply. Otherwise, please do not forget to rate my service to you at the top of the page, hopefully I have earned a 5-Star Rating :)

I hope you have a wonderful day,