Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am trying to download the "home" app to get my google home…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to download the "home" app to get my google home speaker working but I can't get into my apple account. I've forgotten my apple password ***** now appear to have multiple apple IDs and am TOTALLY confused. Can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

My son and I tried to get this working last week (when I was in Calgary for Christmas) and I've been trying to get into my apple account on my own within the last hour or so. I did receive an apple verification code of 423482 which I don't know what to do with. I simply want to download the "home" app. If you could send it to me that would be great. On a secondary issue I have an itune account with approx. $30 left. Unfortunately it's under an old email address (*****@******.***) so I can't use it. Anything you can do in this regard as well? If not I guess I'll simply write it off.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I've been tying to reset my password ***** some time but I don't know what program I was using. and I'm now confused not only about the password ***** the apple ID I should use since it appears to have given me a new one.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, just the two things I mentioned.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/4/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 6 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hello:

Happy New Year!

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

Please note: Due to the Holidays, it could take a little bit longer for a response but I will respond back as soon as possible!

Have I been billed $54? I thought I was dealing with APPLE and that to verify my identity I was asked for a refundable $5 deposit. After thinking about it I thought it was a scam and phoned APPLE at a different phone number. I worked out the problem with them and have simply deleted anything that I received from you. If you have indeed charged me $54 please reverse this charge since I only want advice from Apple (as I have in the past) and whatever you've sent me I've deleted. Thank you.