Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My I phone 4s has locked me out I can't remember passwords…

Customer Question
Hi my I phone 4s...
Hi my I phone 4s has locked me out I can't remember passwords set up in 2011 I have a new SIM can you help me get my phone up and running please
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
1/4/2018
Mac Support Specialist: AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 month ago
AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist

Hi! I'm Eric and I will be the expert assisting you today. I'll do all I can to provide you with excellent, 5-Star service. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to.
  • I will keep helping you until you're satisfied, please ask as many follow up questions as you need by replying below.

In cases where you have forgotten either your PIN/Password, or Apple ID Password, or it is disabled, the only way back into the iphone is through a reset. This is for security reasons, so no one can ever just "get into" your iPad without your password.

My goal today is to provide you with the best service possible! I sincerely ***** ***** have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

You need to have iTunes installed on a computer to do this, so if you don't have it, click here to get it.

1. Open the iTunes program on the computer.
  2. Connect your iphone to your computer via the USB cable.
  3. While your device is connected, follow this step:
    • Press and hold both the Home and the Power buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
  4. When you see the option to 'Restore or Update' pop up in iTunes on your computer, choose Restore.
    iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
  5. Wait for the process to finish. Then you can setup and use your device.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't have a computer

Do you know anyone that can let you use one for a few minutes? At work, a friends, or a neighbor, etc? This is the only way to do it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
please get in and fix it I need proof that you will fix this if I am to pay you $70 and another $55 how will you send me receipt of service

No, please do not request the remote service. This cannot be done that way.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do you have the phone number of the I phone numbers

Like I wrote in the first message to you, the website offers those, that is not me recommending it.

The ONLY way back into the phone, when you do not know the PIN, is to follow those steps I gave you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do we have proof your in the I phone 4s number(###) ###-####?

Please read my responses, I am NOT in your phone, nor is it even possible. That is why I said do NOT request the remote support, ,please go back and read my last 4 replies to you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can you still help us and how much are you charging

I have been replying to you, and you have been ignoring my replies... PLEASE GO BACK AND READ MY LAST 5 REPLIES.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What is happening we are worried you don't seem to be doing anything for this $70 payment

YOU ARE NOT READING MY REPLIES, PLEASE GO BACK AND READ MY LAST 7 REPLIES.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What about the $70 are you doing anything for this amount
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you there I am worried have given you access to my bank account and you are not doing anything
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 1 month ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello, it sounds like there is some confusion here. We, as Experts, can only provide advice and information to help you, as owner of the phone, proceed with your issues. You are paying for our assistance in this way, but it is up to you what you do with the information received.

If you wish to continue, I need to know whether it is the passcode you have forgotten OR the password ***** your Apple ID.

Thanks,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am sorry I didn't see your replies I will need to get a computer can you stay in contact I will be half hour

I will provide the instruction for you now if you tell me which you need help with - the passcode OR the password ***** your Apple ID.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Password
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Why have you charged us before fixing it

As I stated previously, I will provide the info and it is up to YOU to use that info to resolve your issue. However, I am not an employee of JustAnswer, have not charged you, and can not address the topic of payment as I can not see your account for security reasons. I only receive a portion as credit when rated by you. You will have to contact JustAnswer directly about the financial agreements you agreed to when you signed up if you have a concern.

In regard to your iPhone issue, you can reset this from the computer once you gain access.

Your Apple ID is normally your email address. You should be able to reset your password ***** a computer using the site: http://iforgot.apple.com/

enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Email authentication followed by Next.

Check your email and there should be a message from Apple with instructions on how to reset your password.

If you can’t use your email address, another option you have available is to reset your password ***** answering the security questions you created when you setup your account.

enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Answer security questions and click Continue.

-Set the birthday you used for the account and clicking Continue.

- Answer the security questions you picked when you set the account up.

If you answer these successfully, you should be able to reset your password ***** access your AppleID again.

* IF YOU FORGOT THE APPLE ID ITSELF: If you go to the above mentioned site you will see an option in the lower, middle of the page labeled “Forgot your Apple ID?”. If you click this, it will ask for some rather simple information that you should know as the owner of the account ( first name, last name, current email address plus the ability to enter additional email addresses if it has changed since you created the Apple ID).

Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site:

https://appleid.apple.com/ (under "Manage Your Apple account")

While signed in, it's a good idea to verify that all other details are current and correct.

Once you have the ID and password, restart your Apple device and sign in.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you still there I will do the I tunes set up but I want to know why you have gaurantee I will try all however I don't understand why I have already been charged $70 and as the website says they will only charge if they fix the problem what should I do about that

As I stated, I am not an employee of JustAnswer, have not charged you, and can not address the topic of payment as I can not see your account for security reasons. I only receive a portion as credit when rated by you. You will have to contact JustAnswer directly about the financial agreements you agreed to when you signed up if you have a concern.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can I ask which buttons are the power and home keys please?

The power button is at the top right and the home button is the round one beneath the screen.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Top right is delete key are you talking about the phone?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry do you mean power and home button on phone?

Let's step back a minute. You asked which buttons are power and home - those buttons are on the iPhone. However, I didn't originally mention them and I think you are looking at directions from a previous expert.

Going off what you told me previously, you need to reset the password ***** your Apple ID - if the phone is asking for both the Apple ID and the password ***** you need to follow my instructions for resetting the password.

Here they are again;

enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

Once you have the ID and password, restart your iPhone and sign in.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The owner of this has disabilities and cannot remember his security answers there are two that are 11 years old and he cannot go back that far I,m trying everything I have gone through the apple id I,v tried everything
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We know the apple id

If you can’t successfully reset the password ***** the self serve features, you will need special assistance. In this case, you will have to make use of the Express Lane customer service feature to request investigation of the inaccessible account:

https://getsupport.apple.com

Choose the correct category (Apple ID) and issue as prompted by the service above and work your way through the prompts to describe the issue in complete detail. They will require some kind of proof that the account belongs to the owner in question before they will reset the password.

John T. F., Apple Consultant