Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My grandson ordered from I tunes not knowing they had

Customer Question
My grandson ordered from...

My grandson ordered from I tunes not knowing they had automatic renewals Now i am getting all kinds of charges. I am 80 yrs old and living on fixed income. Cannot afford these How can I stop them

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I have apple i phone not sure about i pad i hve apple id i cloud

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not sure what i am doing so i guess not

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/3/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 6 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please give me a minute to read over your submission...

If the purchases are very recent you might be able to request a refund.

You can request a refund using any web browser.

Go to Apple's problem reports page: http://reportaproblem.apple.com/

Login with your Apple ID user name (typically your email address) and password.

Select the appropriate tab: all, music, movies, TV shows, apps, or books.

Select Report a Problem to the right of the purchase you wish to receive a refund for.

Click on Choose Problem and select your problem from the menu.

Enter details about your problem and then click Submit.

App Store refunds typically take a day or two to process and you might get contacted by Apple support to verify the reason for the request.

It's ALSO possible he signed up for subscription services to something... you can cancel subscriptions right from your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store.
  2. Tap your Apple ID at the top of the screen.
  3. Tap View Apple ID. You might need to authenticate your Apple ID.
  4. Tap Subscriptions.
  5. Tap the subscription that you want to manage.
    If you're being charged for a subscription, but you don't see it in your list of subscriptions, it might be billed through someone other than Apple.
  6. Use the options to manage your subscription. You can choose a different subscription offering, or tap Cancel Subscription to cancel your subscription. If you cancel, your subscription will stop at the end of the current billing cycle.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,