Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iPhone 7 gives an audible sound when a new e.mail

Customer Question
My iPhone 7 gives...

My iPhone 7 gives an audible sound when a new e.mail arrives. I want to turn off the audible as well as the first 4 or 5 lines of text that appear. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

Mac OS Sierra

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?

Approx 1 month when I hired a local authorized Shop to make a number of corrections

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I have about 50,000 old e-mails Would like to delete

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/3/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Vinod Menon, Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Hi
To turn off the sound when an email arrives, please go to settings - sounds - new mail and select “none”.
To not show the preview, please go to settings - mail - preview and choose the one you want.
Hope this resolves your query.
Let me know if that helps.
Thank you
Vinod