Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just bought a apple Ipad for Christmas and forgot my

Customer Question
I just bought a...

I just bought a apple Ipad for Christmas and forgot my passcode. Is there a way to reset it.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Not sure I just purchased this kind of Ipad and started setting it up then didn't finish it. I was trying to go on and it wont let me till I put in a passcode'

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
1/3/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Do you have any backup of your iPad in iCloud or Computer? The reason why I am asking is we can go ahead and try doing reset on the iPad which will erase all the data and the password. If you have a backup, we can restore the data and contact back to your iPad.