Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a MacBook Pro and bought Microsoft Office 2016. I am…

Customer Question
I have a MacBook...

I have a MacBook Pro and bought Microsoft Office 2016. I am having trouble with it. First I have 297 Excel spreadsheets that were on on Excel 2011. The Spell check will not work and I have the Force Quit Excel before I can open any other sheets. It also won't allow me to use Numbers in the cell format.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Have you rearranged your file folders recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: What does your screen look like when you try to open Excel?

It will open up correctly as long as I don't use spell check.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, When I try to format a cell the Number setting always places 2 decimal points instead.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/3/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 6 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

Where do you want to start?